Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Road Map

The Faith Question

What would you give to someone who asked you for a GUIDE (a "map") to lead him all his life? Why would you choose that guide?

My answer

If someone asked me for a guide to lead him/her, my first reaction would be one of 'surprise' (scarecly being qualified to provide such help). I would immediately ask him to read the Bible. For my non-christian friends, however, I think I would first ask them why they would want such a guide. Only after understanding their needs would I comfortable to direct them to the Bible. It's not easy to offer the water of life to those who haven't recognised their thirst.

The reason I'd choose the Bible as the definitive, comprehensive and complete guide for life is rooted in my belief that it is the word of God. There hasn't been a situation, to date, where the word has not pre-empted my problems with solutions. More importantly, it has forced me to think about actively seeking to walk with Him and not just be a passive participant.

For all the grace and life that has been promised by him, all should turn to this guide.

No comments: