Tuesday, October 04, 2005

More on God and creation

More on God and creation

A Question of faith

Who was with God in the beginning at creation of the world? Are God, Christ and the Holy Spirit one?

My answer

I believe that at the beginning God existed alone, but the situation is more complicated than that. God, being mutidimensional, cannot be understood as just a single entity or concept, but a collection of concepts. Two such concepts stand out with respect to the begining of creation - #1. The Holy Spirit and #2. The Word. Here are some verses that indicate the presence of Holy Spirit and the Word being present:

1. The Holy Spirit

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth...and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters"
(Genesis 1:1-2).

2. The Word

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
(John 1:1)

It is also my belief that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all part of our One God. However, I haven't read enough to comment on this yet. But once I can locate certain relevant verses about the trinity, I will try and submit them.

...Whole in One

No comments: